Patient Sitter/Non-Medical Care Provider Job Description
- Provides continuous surveillance and observation of assigned patient(s). Interacts appropriately with patient, family, and healthcare providers. Reports any noticeable changes or unsafe behaviors to a healthcare provider immediately.
- Constant observation of assigned patient(s).
- Recognize change in behavior or acts that may cause injury.
- Immediately summons healthcare provider if patient requires assistance and/or demonstrates potentially dangerous behavior.
- Accompanies patient to and from locations and testing.
- Remains with and observes the assigned patient at all times.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: None required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking